Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wind Farm Paper/ITWP

Most of my weekend was spent working on one of my two papers. My topic is conflict over wind farm placement in southern Ontario. It's actually been really interesting to research it. There are some great papers out there. One of my favorites was called (partially), "you don't do a science experiment in your best china". It was about landowner concerns that companies test turbine locations in crappy areas to see if they will work/be profitable for the 'best' areas. I can't recall if I mentioned this in blog form or not, but I got to tour a wind farm in the Chatham-Kent area (between London and Windsor) as part of a job interview last summer. Interesting stuff.

I had double frisbee followed by Inner Tube Water Polo (ITWP) on Sunday. We lost the first game by 1 (oh no!), got a little destroyed on game 2, but won 12-7 in ITWP. All were fun games. It got tiring back to back like that. At the very end of the ITWP game, I got dumped from my tube and could *not* get back in. Your not allowed to touch the ball if you aren't in your tube. The play went on around me, with our team trying to score (I was no help), then the ball got outlet the other way (I tried to get on about 4 times), the ball came *back* to our end (at this point I'm basically using it as a flotation device)....at which point I finally gave up and swam to the side, got out of the pool, and jumped back in with my ass in the tube. Oh, and I finally got around to entering a team name: Floatus.

No comments: