Saturday, April 9, 2011

First Ride of the Season

The first ride of the season was admittedly a bit of a bust: flat (really flat) tire. I rode down to the water... and walked home again. Okay, there's a little bit more to it than that, and I was quite relaxed about it all. For starters, I was riding...and then quickly walking with my friend & this was mostly a social engagement anyway. I'd already done a sprint workout that morning. We still got to catch up with coffees and enjoy the sun.

I knew that after all my trouble changing that tire last time (I popped a few tubes) that I didn't have a spare, but we were only supposed to be riding for an hour. I hit a pothole that might have swallowed a Volkswagen. "Helpful" items in my riding bag that are not a spare tube include:

  • A flattened penny that says Niagra Falls.
  • 50 KC (Czech money)
  • 2 Euro
  • The DVD How to Train Your Dragon.

No comments: