Monday, August 12, 2013

Oops, I Missed One


Holy Cow - an Indian Adventure by Sarah MacDonald:  I forgot that I read this book is well.  I meant to include it in my last post.  If I forgot it a few weeks later, how long would I remember reading it if I don't write it down?  Time for a blog.  I loved this book when I first read it in 2003 (2004?) and I loved it again ten year later.  The story (non-fiction) is about India and travel, but it's also about learning from different religions.  After immersing herself, Sarah MacDonald offers up her thoughts on what draws her about India's different religions, and what doesn't really sit right with her.  I love it for that reason - I learned some things about various religious beliefs and also for the fun travel adventure end of things.  The 20 000 Dong that I found in my book (from my SE Asia trip in 2005) made me travel every more.  I thought I might be rich (not really), but I looked it up and it's worth less than a loonie at the moment.  Read it!

The Manticore by Robertson Davies: I also just finished the last (technically book two, but I didn't find that it mattered) or the Deptford trilogy.  I expected greatness and I got it.  I did not realize how old this book is.  It was originally published in 1972.

No comments: