Tuesday, November 29, 2011

151 - Half Empty or Half Full?

I get my weight checked quite frequently at my endocrinologist these days for obvious reasons. These days I weight....151 lbs (!). ! because that is really really light for me. In July, I weighed 163 lbs.

Along with trying to get my cardio back, I'm also hitting the weight room hard. I am heavier when I am in better shape. I'm making sure I eat as much protein as possible.

Trying to get back into shape after something like this is a challenge, a really difficult challenge - as I suspect anyone who has had major surgery knows. Getting cardio and muscle mass back is far from a breeze. But maybe, just maybe, the glass is half full. I also really like working out. I enjoy a challenge. It's fun to get stronger every time I hit the gym, or faster every time I run, swim or ride (I'm doing a lot of intervals because I hear that is the quickest way to get cardio back. I'm also skipping.)

Dec. 27th is my next appointment/weigh in. I don't have a specific goal in terms of weight, but I want to have continued to improve in leaps and bounds (and lengths, weights, intervals - sorry - that's a terrible joke. I'm leaving it in!)

No comments: